Sunday, December 16, 2012

BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY ADVENTURE

So I wanted to take my mom up to the mountains for her to get away from the madness of the city that comes during the Holidays as well as to help get her mind off of being lonely during this time. Also, we have not hung out in awhile together. She and I both needed a getaway where we could reflect and get ready for 2013. It was perfect. One of my buddies met me up there to do some training with me where I love creating a running base up there. Slow long miles is what its all about and I didnt have to wake up at 4.30am on a Saturday for the first time in 17 weeks. A ton of miles and climbing in a 36hr span was what went down :) The rest is now pics of our Adventure. Please people, salvage your relationships with your family- its whats most important in your lives and without them breathing becomes very difficult.

My buddy and I taken it in!

My second favorite dog and my favorite vacation spot!

After a long run, coffee and this was perfect...

An unbelieveable view!
My stupid Hang ten pose :)

Where recover took place...




A Great Duo..

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely breathtaking views! Have you finished The Art of Racing in the Rain? It's a really interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and No I have not finished it yet. I have read mixed reviews about it though..

      Delete
  2. Awesome. Come visit anytime. Bring friends. I will need a trainer on my new bike. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete