Sunday, March 23, 2014

VOLUME - TRIATHLON TRAINING - GIVING THANKS

Hello!

     Ah, another week in the books, another week to be thankful for, another week that made me stronger, another week that exposed more weaknesses in me, another week to prep for the oncoming week.

That's exciting!

     I first want to give you this tough quote from the Bible. I see on social media alot of name calling or boastful comments, especially during the NCAA basketball tournament (I just like to sit back and read these comments :). Its a game people. No need to get mad via Facebook or twitter. Plus, there are sooooo much to be thankful for, and remember to give the thanks to God- dont boast about something that doesn't belong to you.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.


Simple blog this week.

Swimming:
     PR'd in the 200yds on Friday. That was cool. Also had a really good 5k swim workout on Wednesday. So good, that after it, I laid on the bench in the locker room and was thinking about calling for help to come pick me up. Now THAT is a good workout!

Biking:
     Volume, Volume, Volume. Aka alot of miles, miles, miles... My body needs/ has to get comfortable going fast on the bike for a long time. Rode a 3 hr ride on Saturday with 2 really good friends. I like to ride to meet one friend, then we ride to meet the other. That really helps me break up a long workout. Plus, it was 70 degrees for the ride! Who wouldn't want to be outside in that weather.

Running:
     I had 3 really good workouts this week and the other 3 runs were easy runs to help my body recover. The Skora running shoes have been amazing this year. I cant believe how tight fit they are and that I love. They also are light which has helped lower my times. After a 30mile bike today, I did a 10k run with 2x2mi tempo efforts after. That was some good stuff.

Anyway- that's it on training.

Also, I had an amazing cleaning/productive session to end my week tonight. I dont know about you but that is how I like to start my Monday morning. :)




   
Go Gators! (but im not hating on other teams- they are all very talented, way more talented at basketball than you or me)

G
The U.S. National Whitewater Center was Jamming Saturday
After Jen and I ran, we people watched while eating and drinking. 
The trails there are Awesome!
The farm next to me where I take Sox to play. It looked awesome that day!
Just making Shadow Monsters with a 5yr old. No big deal!
My buddy had this made for me. And 2 others! I love them...


logo
Filters Fast
Hammer Nutrition









No comments:

Post a Comment