Monday, June 10, 2013

SC TRIATHLON TRAINING CAMP

Training Camp - June 2013

Thursday - June 7th 2013

7.32 am - I am sitting on the porch with a run done and sipping some coffee. I am with some pretty awesome Company. Chris - 2.36 marathoner, Kent - 25.29 8k, Daniel - 1.09 Half Marathon and 10k - 31.12, Billy - 2.38 marathon and 16.09 for 5k, and Glenn- great at smiling. I am the young one, of course. But luckily they accept my energetic, OCD, ADD, way too wired in the morning self. We are about to embark on our first workout together. I got my warm up done with already :) - they just woke up. But I did have coffee made for them.



 Anyway- I am feeling very thankful right now and just so excited to get in some unbelievable training. Alright. Over and out- time to go run!


9.52am - 2nd run done. This one with the guys. First 30min were extremely hilly and definitely a "wake the legs up" type feel for the guys. The next 30, not so much. The competitiveness with everyone already kicked in and 3 of us made a move to drop the others and succeeded. We were running sub 6 for the last mile and half and this was on steep climbs and the first workout of the camp. This weekend is going to be fun. 
I just made the 2nd round of coffee and cleaned the kitchen some. I am too much of a neat freak, and they went down to shower in the lake. Which I will be swimming a 3k loop in about 2 hours. Cheers- time to go eat!


2:25pm- Open water swim 1.5mile swim done. CL and Billy joined me which was nice since I was petrified of swimming on my own. The other 3 got on the boat and met us at the"The Cliff". I do not cliff jump, but when you have 5 other guys who do it and will talk about it all weekend- you have no choice.

Then wake boarding and water skiing went down. Yes- we ran/swam/and then wake boarded! God let the tropical storm miss us so we can train an absurdly amount this weekend. Next up biking...


6.50pm - This is my last check in for today. Holy Toledo! We just biked a crazy hilly route. Im not exaggerating. A total of 3,000 ft of climbing in a 25mile span. We were toast after it. 1.30 hrs of climbing on the bike. But of course, we decided to race off the bike with a hard run for 2miles. OH, then we did a 3 on 3 basketball game. We are not right!

Stats for the day
1.30 hour Run total
32min Open Water Swim
1.30 hour bike
3 on 3 Basketball
PIng Pong Tourny (this hasnt happend yet but it will :)

Good Night!

Saturday - June 8th

1:36 PM - Took me awhile to get to blogging. Definitely took us a little longer to get going this morning. I woke up around 6.30am and did a 2mile shake out like yesterday. But this felt like a 10mile run. I knew today was going to be a tough one. The guys woke up around 7.15am and we ate a hefty breakfast since our plan today was to ride long and then do a run right after. Thats just the AM workout. 
It was absolutely beautiful out for this ride. We rode 50miles (felt like 60 with all the climbing), and then dropped 2miles at 6.40pace right after. After that, I jumped in the lake and did a .5mile swim. We then just hung out in the lake for a little and now are grilling. 

Let me just say- we have put in some serious training already. We might be tired, but we are still rolling. I think right now we all can drop a fast 5k tonight if we wanted. Why? because you have 6 talented endurance athletes together all trying to one up each other and bringing out the best. Even better, after our workouts- we go back to just enjoying each others company and having a good time. 

Life is good my friends!


Sunday June 9th

11.38am - ok. we are officially dead. Every stair feels like a mountain to climb. Every step seems impossible. But- we still just nailed a hilly 10mile run at 7min pace with a couple of miles sub 6. Not that fast but after our last couple workouts- not too bad. The Sun greeted us again this morning. The lake is calling our name right now to go relax again. These guys are awesome! I just cant believe they were nailing sub 5.30 pace at the end of the run today. I held on for a little and then let the 3 speed demons go. 
This stuff is just fun. Simple as that. 6 guys, all with 40 hr plus jobs- most married or engaged (not me :)  and yet they all are up to anything. The motto for them is "Its training camp- its suppose to hurt!" Gotta love it!


3:15pm - Training camp has come to an end. We are all packed up. We just went out on the boat to have some more fun. But we are all pretty beat. However, we are also pretty sad. This was paradise! The 6 of us really jelled too. I cant wait to see what these guys have in store for the rest of 2013. For me, Tunnel Vision towards the World Championships in London. I cant wait and this was definitely a wake up call. To my muscles that is.

The best thing is most of us will be racing on the Track Tuesday night just to punish our bodies more. 3 guys will be going for a fast 5000m and I will be shooting for a fast 1600m. 

Shout out to Hammer Nutrition, Filtersfast.com , Lululemon, and Inov8. You all have made this year so enjoyable for me.


refrigerator water filters

No comments:

Post a Comment