Monday, July 15, 2013

TRAINING UPDATE

Quick Training update-

I started my 9 day training cycle instead of the traditional 7 day cycle last week. We get so caught up on a typical week that we think training should just go along with the same process. So far, I am really liking it.

A couple notes that I took from some key workouts this past cycle.

1) I am horrible at pacing myself when Running fast. I always go out too fast and die at the end. A good friend of mine who is an extremely talented runner always tells me to trust my fitness. Meaning, I dont trust my self to go slow in the beginning to where I can run fast at the end and post a good time. Instead, I want to gain time in the first half and hold on the second. Yep, never works out for me. So I shall focus on that my next couple of cycles

2) My biking is finally coming together. Biking is my weakest out of the 3, it was swimming,  but this year I finally am showing some signs of strength here. I have a couple different routes/distances that I do as Time Trials and compare from the time before. 3 weeks ago I did a 22mile TT and did the same one this past Saturday. I went 1.30min faster this time around. I was stoked, but absolutely spent since it was right after a hard swim workout.

Other than that, nothing has changed. Work, Training, yard work, cleaining the house, and reading. That is my life and takes up my life from 4am-9pm. Very blessed and thankful though!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment